- Formula = (Total number of PRs merged to master or main in that selected time period)/(Total number of days in the time period)
- Deployment frequency measures how often code is released. Elite Deployment Frequency represents a stable and healthy continuous delivery pipeline.
- This critical DORA metric would help you understand the number of PRs being pushed to production in a given time. This can work independently of your sprint cycle time. You can learn more about them here.
- Too low Deployment frequency indicates that there may be inefficient DevOps processes, bottlenecks in review, or requirements, and teams are delivering features at a slower pace.
- High deployment frequency shows that your team can quickly provide value and react to feedback or changes.