The Goals feature on Cockpit allows you to set improvement goals at an organizational level for each team. This means that you can easily set goals for your team to improve on various key DORA metrics, such as Cycle Time, Deployment Frequency, etc. You can set goals thematically under the 'Speed', 'Quality', 'Throughput' buckets.
To set up your organization's goals, follow these steps:
1. On the right of your Cockpit screen select 'Get Started'.
2. Move the toggles to select your Speed, Quality, and Throughput goals.
3. You can also set targets for individual metrics, by specifying days, hours, and minutes.
4. Click 'Publish' when you're done.
5. Click 'Track Performance' to view which teams and metrics are on track, which are in the danger zone.
6. Click on 'Team Insights' for a drill-down view.
And you're all done! You can view your insights on Cockpit at any time, and revise them whenever you need, by following the same steps.