Release more features by unblocking your engineers and implementing best practices. You can track these metrics on Hivel's Cockpit Screen.
- If a Pull Request is currently in an actively Open state, it's defined as an Open PR. This is calculated irrespective of the time period.
- Ideally, fewer open PRs at any point in time indicate excellent DevOps culture.
- Too many open PRs can be a sign of a less efficient DevOps process or longer review times due to bottlenecks in the review process resulting in longer cycle times and spillovers.
New Work %
- It shows the lines of code/total lines of code added or modified.
- Low New Work indicates the team is trying to change old code even to build new features, which will impact the implementation of high blast radius and poor SOLID principles. It's a signal to review the architecture.
- More New Work, along with slight maintenance, is always a good sign, as it indicates SOLID practices are in place, and the team can go ship new features at a faster pace as code is isolated.